Weekends are so hard for me. I don't know why I do the same thing as every day. It's not like I'm home more. It is just hard for me to not eat what Ian's eating I guess. Today he had a bacon sandwich with cheese and I wanted his extra piece of bacon so bad! But I know bacon isn't good for you so I passed. Instead I ate a piece of WW string cheese (which is so good) and only 1 pt. And I looked up this HG recipe for pizza that Ian and I saw on the HG show we TiVo now. It was a Crispy White Pizza but I wanted sauce and didn't have tomato paste or anything. Here is what I did and the points as I figure them out. Hopefully my makeshift one is as good for you!
Here is a pic of mine --
I used the last bit of my Prego (tomato, onion and garlic) it is usually 1/2c serving but I used 1/4 cup instead. So for a 1/2 cup the stats are
3F/13C/3F/2P = 2 points
but I had half so... 1 point. Not bad for sauce.
Then I didn't have low fat ricotta so I used 1/3c pizza cheese (kraft). Serving size is 1/4c so 6f/less than 1 c/0f/8p = 2 points for 1/4c. So 3 pts give or take. I love cheese! I wish it wasn't so many points!
The crust is a tortilla - baked for 3 mins at 375 and then flipped and done for 3 more min at 375 then add toppings and do for 3 more minutes at 375. I use the tortillas we always have. They are kroger wheat. 1 tortilla is 2f/24c/2f/4p = 3 points. Not too bad for carbs.
I had 12 pieces of turkey pepp (kroger) - serving size is 15 slices. I'll round up just to be on the safe side. Its 2 points for 15 slices. And its amazing - the Kroger brand. SO much better than other brands of turkey pepp.
Okay so tortilla (3), cheese (3), sauce (1), pepp (2) = 9 pts! Not bad for a meal. It wasn't really that filling through for 9 points. If I would have had mushrooms and other veggies I would have added that and made it more filling but I just finished my mushrooms the other day and forgot to get more.
Here is the original HG recipe - http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/you-wanna-pizza-me-crispy-white-pizza-recipe



No comments:
Post a Comment