LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My first WW blog

I have been keeping a blog since I first heard about LiveJournal in college or maybe even late high school. Then I switched to Xanga. Then to Blogspot. And now I have this one too! Before blogging online, I always kept a diary. I also have a degree in Journalism so I guess writing comes naturally to me.

I have always struggled on and off with my weight. When I was in fourth grade, I had lots of 'baby fat' left over (see picture). When I was in sixth grade, I still had a pudgy baby belly. When I was in 7th and 8th grade, well I was just awkward in general but thinner. When I was in 9th grade, I hit my first weight loss drop to 105. But it does unhealthy by not eating and over exercising and for the wrong reasons - a cute boy. Then sophomore and junior year was spent average. Senior year, I hit one of my hotness overall peaks. College, began drinking and eating those Red Baron pepperoni pizza two packs and living off caffeine but also walking or biking everywhere and taking a Fitness class for credit every semester for an easy A so it worked out. But I did gain the Freshman 20.

I crash dieted to fit into a size 10 wedding dress. Emotional ate my first year of marriage because it was hard and I was trying to cope with life changes in general including my first real job. Picked up a trainer, gym routine, eating healthy and got a little thinner. Then got laid off from my first job 4 years later and went into a deep dark depression of alcohol, insomnia, late night eating, sulking in food and a beyond sedentary lifestyle. Decided after getting laid off that it was a blessing in disguise and started living life!!!! Became social, introspective, listened to hippie music, drank more and became a free spirit. Then I realized I had to return to the real world. Decided it was time to have a baby. Did not decide to work out because I figured I was going to gain weight from having a baby so it would be easier to just do it later. (WRONG ANSWER - DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS). Gained 15-20 lbs while pregnant. Added to the 50 lbs of laid-off misery weight. Raised baby. Maintained weight. Tried to lose weight. Lost 10, gained 10. Repeat for about 10 months.

Husband's job did new healthy initiative where we were going to get charged extra for my fat. I decided I could either pay money later and stay fat. OR I could pay money earlier and get healthy. I chose the latter. I took the money and joined Weight Watchers. If I work to lose weight and lose a good sum of weight, I don't usually gain it back once I get it all off. So I thought better now then never. Continued my Zumba, added in more activity, started counting again what I ate and watching what I ate rather than dieting. Starting learning about my portion control.

And now I'm down 8.4 pounds since mid-August.
































9th grade

10th birthday

Wedding day

North Carolina vacation - college

Senior picture - 1999

Sterling - college

Around 11th birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment